mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Item Similarity :datamodel not sure
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:53:35 GMT
The input to the recommender remains the same -- user,item,rating.
Your similarities are used as weights in a weighted average to make
recommendations. This is unrelated -- or rather, not necessarily
related at all -- to whatever custom similarity metric you create.
Your similarities do not need to be precomputed. You could, but it's
not necessary.