mahout-user mailing list archives

From Simanchala Prasad Panigrahi <simanchal...@gmail.com>
Subject Need help on understanding Mahout classification algorithm
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:59:07 GMT
Hi,

I am a beginner to Mahout. For last 3 weeks I am working on
understanding *Mahout
Classification algorithm.*

Here are my problems:

   - I couldn't able to track how it works.
   - I don't know what should be the input file format for the
   "trainclassifier" algorithm.
   - Do i need to parse and turn my input data into any vector format.
   - How to store/use the output/analysis.

I am using Mahout version 5 and the algorithms which I am using are:

   - trainlogistic
   - runlogistic
   - trainclassifier
   - testclassifier

Suppose my task is to check multiplication of two numbers is correct or
not, so my input data is:

*a,b,result,flag*
*2,2,4,true*
*2,2,5,false*

so it's a CSV file format.

First I want to understand it for a basic operation so I have chosen this
example.

Can any one of you please help me on this.

*Really I am working very hard but not getting any result.*

I have searched on internet but no where I am finding a proper solution.

Thank you,
Simanchala Panigrahi