mahout-user mailing list archives

From Anna Lahoud <annalah...@gmail.com>
Subject Seq2sparse numReducers is not passed to some jobs
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:14:56 GMT
In the complex sequence of jobs that are run in seq2sparse, the number of
reducers parameter is only given to some. Is there any reason why we
couldn't pass that along to the jobs that are not getting it: (1)
wordcount, (2) df counting, and (3) tfidf make partial vectors? I am trying
to make some improvement to the running time of my job and the tfidf
make-partial jobs, in particular, consume a big part of the overall running
time, but they only get the default single reducer.

Anna