mahout-user mailing list archives

From paritosh ranjan <paritoshranj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout K-means has different behavior based on the number of mapping tasks
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:16:10 GMT
Each input split ( containing vectors in this case ) goes to a different
mapper task, and the clusters (models) are trained using the vectors
present in each mapper task, and the models are updated in the reducer.
This process is repeated till convergence/maxiteration. Since different
vectors went to different mapper tasks when two mapper tasks were used, so,
it took time (more iterations) to converge, and also the results after
first iteration were different.

Look into CIMapper and CIReducer classes for more/better explanation.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM, paritosh ranjan <paritoshranjan5@gmail.com