mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Tintarev, N" <csc...@abdn.ac.uk>
Subject Running mahout taste examples?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:25:36 GMT

Hi,

I am having a go with Mahout taste examples, but getting stuck with trivial things.
I hope you don't mind giving me a pointer or two?

I'm running 64bit OSx and setting it all up in Eclipse.
I've set up M2e and checked out the code from SCM using maven.
No problems, project looks fine – a whole bunch of files and directories, including the
RecommenderEvalutatorRunners for each dataset.
Downloaded the Jester1 data set and converted it to .csv

Running the evaluator directly somehow  doesn't work – it's like it doesn't have a main
class (NoClassDefFoundError).
Setting main class with the full path or -Djava.library.path= examples.src.java.org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.example.jester
didn't bear any fruit either.

The quick start which is based on command line suggests maven needs to build a few things.
Is this possibly something I need to do in Eclipse? What did I forget to do? :)

Best regards,
/Nava