mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Ylmaz <ahmetyilmazefe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Reading data from a database table
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:05:22 GMT
Hi,

We want to build a data model from a ratings table (userid, itemid,
rating) stored in a database. We want the model to be stored in memory.
However, we couldn't find a way to do this using the available Mahout
codes.

JDBC based data models don't work because, as it is said in Mahout
in Action book, they are used when the data does not fit into memory.

Actually
 what we need is a class similar to FileDataModel which will return a
GenericDataModel from a database table (not from a file).

What are your suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks

Ahmet