mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to interpret recommendation strength
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:07:42 GMT
Oops, I think I found the answer. If so nevermind...

 /**
   * This computation is in a technical sense, wrong, since in the domain of "boolean preference
users" where
   * all preference values are 1, this method should only ever return 1.0 or NaN. This isn't
terribly useful
   * however since it means results can't be ranked by preference value (all are 1). So instead
this returns a
   * sum of similarities to any other user in the neighborhood who has also rated the item.
   */