mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FileDataModel vs ReloadFromJDBCDataModel
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 11:02:58 GMT
Hi Onur,

I'd say these number looks somewhat reasonable. Reading a file
sequentially from disk does not incur the overhead of going through the
database.

However the time to load a data model from the database is subject to
the configuration settings of the database. I'm sure you can reduce the

Best,
Sebastian