mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mix of Content Based and Collaborative Filtering
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 17:41:38 GMT
There is not a very direct way to do this in Mahout, but, you can piece
together a solution that reuses a lot of what Mahout has.

It sounds like you should look at this as an item-item similarity-based
recommender to start. You have two sources of similarity. First is based on
interactions (no ratings); for this, you can use LogLikelihoodSimilarity
and an existing DataModel. This much is straightforward.

You can also make an ItemSimilarity based on item properties. There is no
pre-packaged solution for this. You can make up a similarity metric, or
export some similarities based on, say, descriptions, maybe from Solr yes.

Then you can combine them. There's no great principled answer. You could
make an ItemSimilarity that just returns the product of these two
similarity measures (assuming they are both >= 0).

And then the rest is a matter of using GenericItemBasedRecommender with
your hybrid ItemSimilarity.

This isn't a distributed solution but is a good start.

Sean