mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileDataModel vs ReloadFromJDBCDataModel
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 12:20:27 GMT
It doesn't sound too crazy since it is  loading the entire contents of the
table in memory. It does so in one query. You can dig out that query and
run it separately to see how long it takes otherwise and make sure it's not
wildly different. That's just the time taken to read it, once, and then
it's in memory.