mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: one vector or many vectors?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 16:09:53 GMT
Your mileage will vary.

It is often helpful to classify small parts of large articles and then
somehow deal with these multiple classifications at the full document level.

Sometimes it is not helpful, especially if the small parts get too small.

Try it both ways.  My tendency is to prefer to classify book-sized things
at a level smaller than a chapter and sometimes as small as a paragraph.
 Going below the paragraph level is usually bad.