mahout-user mailing list archives

From Yang Zhou <bingo.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The function of the parameter complemented in DecisionTreeBuilder
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 13:15:58 GMT
Hi,

I read the code again and now understand how the parameter complemented
works now.

Basically, it only effects how the method public Node build(Random rng,
Data data) works. When complemented is true, the method decides how to
split the node based on the data contained in the full data set, but not in
the parameter data passed to the method. And it also effects the assignment
of labels for leaves.