mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dan Filimon <dangeorge.fili...@gmail.com>
Subject Classpath issues for basic mapreduce
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:23:02 GMT
Hi!

I'm having trouble with the following code (an updated version of the
basic clustering code in Sean Owen's book):
https://gist.github.com/4038746

It compiles just fine, but I'm using a project based on Mahout for the
dependencies and class path and it won't run.

It initially threw a NoClassDefFoundError for org/apache/hadoop/io/Writable.

It turns out that the Hadoop Mahout 0.8 depends on is 0.20.204.0 but I
only have 1.0.4 installed on my machine so I updated the dependencies
in IntelliJ to include the Hadoop JARs that I have.

Now, it's failing because it can't find another class:
org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory

I can see this dependency available when I imported the Maven project
but it doesn't seem to be on the classpath.
Any ideas?
Thanks!