mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jobs Hadoop-Mahout: Full Capacity
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:18:33 GMT
I would imagine optimizing Mahout jobs are not fundamentally different from
optiimizing any Hadoop job. Make sure you have optimal amount of task per
node configured, as well as optimal amount of memory to prevent GC
thrashing. (Iterative Mahout batches tend to create GC churn at somewhat
respectable rate). When optimized correctly, individual Mahout tasks tend
to be CPU bound.

Could you tell which Mahout method specifically you are talking about?