mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Query about MatrixMultiplicationJob in Mahout
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:31:26 GMT
Also I have doubts in the way Matrix is submitted to map-reduce.
Lets Assume if my matrix is :
                1 2 3
                4 5 6
Then will Key be RowNumber and Value will be TupleValues ??? Something like this :

Key<IntWritable>            Value <TupleWritable>
    1                                                          1 2 3
    2                                                          4 5 6

Sorry for the basic questions but I am not able to find any useful links/docs

-Stuti
From: Stuti Awasthi
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 11:34 AM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Query about MatrixMultiplicationJob in Mahout

Hi All,
I am pretty new to Mahout and this is my first attempt . I wanted to tryout MatrixMultiplicationJob
but facing some issues in Input format.
I noticed that MatrixMultiplicationJob takes input as <IntWritable,TupleWritable> and
then perform the MR to produce matrix multiplication output in SequenceFileFormat<Intwritable,
VectorWritable>.

So here I am at the first step to create the input file currently as TextInputFormat<LongWritable,Text>
to SequenceFileOutputFormat <IntWritable,TupleWritable>. So that I can send this type
of file as an input to MatrixMultiplicationJob

My Text input file is of format : Row = 2, Column = 3,
1
2
3
4
5
6
So I assume this will be picked as
1 2 3
4 5 6

This is the input file which I have created and not even sure if this is the correct way to
send input to convert the TextInputFormat to SequenceFile format.

Please Suggest

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.