mahout-user mailing list archives

From Haddad Said <haddad.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Representing key value dataset into Mahout vector
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2013 23:21:17 GMT
Hi Ted

Thanks for the response. I had a quick look at chapter 14 and that part of
the book is about classification, i.e. supervised learning that involves
training. I am looking to run some unsupervised learning algorithm on the
data, I don't have any training data. Hence why I was looking at clustering.

Actually from reading, it seems to me that Apriori or FP-growth are the
most useful algorithms for me to come up with useful information about this
data, but it seems these algorithms have not been implemented in Mahout
yet. So I guess the question to ask is given I have some data in key values
where both keys and values are strings what
unsupervised algorithms are available in Mahout that I can use to learn
about this data?

Many thanks

Haddad