mahout-user mailing list archives

From Koobas <koo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: alternating least squares
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 19:28:18 GMT
Drilling just a bit more.
If I just use simple Tikhonov regularization,
I set both lambdas to identity, and iterate like this (MATLAB):

rank = 50;
for i=1:6,
  Y = inv(X'*X+eye(rank))'*X'*A;
  X = A*Y'*inv(Y*Y'+eye(rank));
end

Now, can I use weighted regularization and preserve the matrix notation?
Because it seems to me that I have to go one row of X, (one column of Y) at
a time.
Is that really so, or am I missing something?