mahout-user mailing list archives

From Henning Kuich <hku...@gmail.com>
Subject Question - Mahout Taste - User-Based Recommendations...
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:38:50 GMT
Dear All,

I am wondering if I understand the User-based recommendation algorithm
correctly.

I need to be able to answer the following questions, given users and
ratings:

1) Which users are "closest" to a given user
and
2) given a user and a product, predict the preference for the product

apart from the standard "return topN" recommendations. But as I understand
it, the above two questions are just "subquestions" of the topN problem,
correct? Because the algorithm determines the "closest users" since it's a
user-based recommender, and since it calculates all potential user-item
associations, the second question should also be taken care of.

Do I understand this correctly?

I would greatly appreciate any help,

Henning

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not