mahout-user mailing list archives

From Henning Kuich <hku...@gmail.com>
Subject Using setPreference() to update recommendations in DataModel in Memory
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 15:30:31 GMT
Dear All,

I would like to be able to update recommendations in the DataModel, and I
understand that this can be done with the setPreference() method. So this
can be used to create a new user-item-preference entry into the data model,
or update an already existing one.

My question is the following:

I run my recommender.recommend, and get a recommendation for user1.
As it happens, user1 now rates 5 other items, and I use the setPreference()
method to place those 5 new ratings into my DataModel.
If I now re-run the recommender.recommend, does the recommender
automatically incorporate the 5 new ratings that have just been made, or do
I need to update the recommender in between? And if so, how do I do this?

I hope this question makes sense, and many thanks in advance.

Henning
--

P. Henning J. L. Kuich
email: hkuich@gmail.com

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not