mahout-user mailing list archives

From Kamal Ali <k...@grokker.com>
Subject Re: trying to get grouplens example to run
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:10:18 GMT
right, i realize that at a low level you and i have both localized the
error.

i guess i wasnt clear.

i had expected the data i download per instructions to work consistently
with the OOB mahout0.7 code.
so there is a mismatch between the format that the code expects & that as
is supplied from the grouplens page.
i'd rather not embark on a wild goose chase trying to read the grouplens
mahout code and then patch the grouplens data to conform to it so i was
hoping you may be able to point me to more up to date code or data that
would work consistently with each other.
[or tell me that this example is N years old and nobody has worked on it
and in the meantime grouplen data format has changed]
thanks,
kamal.