mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cross recommendation
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:39:39 GMT
Yes I understand that you need (user, item+action) input for user based recs returned from
recommender.recommend(userID, n).

But can you expect item similarity to work with the same input? I am fuzzy about how item
similarity is calculated in cf/taste.

I was expecting to train one recommender with (user, item+action) and call recommender1.recommend(userID,
n) to get recs but also train another recommender with (user+action, item) to get recommender2.mostSimilarItems(
itemID, n). I realize it's a hack but that aside is this second recommender required? I'd
expect it to return items that use all actions to calculate similarity and therefore will
use view information to improve the similarity calculation.

No?