mahout-user mailing list archives

From Chris Harrington <ch...@heystaks.com>
Subject Does something like an "explain" feature exist in Mahout for clustering.
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:57:26 GMT
I was wondering if there was an explain feature in Mahout, something that gives the reason
why it did what it did, shows the values of the various features it used to evaluate and choose
the result, etc.

Because I have some wildly different text data being clustered together, for example it clustered
these 2 together and I'd like to be able to figure out why

Text 1: "Iron Butterfly Bassist Lee Dorman Dies at 70"

Text 2: "The BEST Memes Of 2012 2012 was a landmark year for memes -- and we could say that
due to the Ikea Monkey alone -- but it's not always easy…"