mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can i run mahout algorithms on mobile device..
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:40:48 GMT
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:53 AM, VIGNESH S <vigneshklncit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jake,
>
> Thanks for your comments..
>
> What is understood from your comment is Incase of Training,we can use
> hadoop in clusters to generate the trained model blob file..

Using a classifier has two steps: training the classifier (on data which
has already been pre-labeled), and using the trained classifier on
previously unlabeled items to predict the label which that item should
have.

Some Mahout algorithms can be trained on a Hadoop cluster, but in general
are intended to be trained using large quantities of input data.  The
resultant serialized classifier file may be small, and this is what is used
in the second step, and could conceivably fit on a mobile device.

> We can use that trained model blob file in mobile device for
> classification..
>
> is it possible to generate trained model blob file for all algorithms?

Not all algorithms even have simple single model files, no.

What exactly are you trying to do on a mobile device?

--

  -jake