mahout-user mailing list archives

From Apurv Khare <Apurv.Kh...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject How to run MIA Kmean Code.
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 11:56:17 GMT
Hi all,

I was trying to run the example from Mahout in action Chapter 7(k-Mean Clustering).Can somebody
guide me how to run that example in a Hadoop Cluster(single Node CDH-4.2.1) with Mahout(0.7)

These are the steps i followed:

1.     Copied the code( from Github<https://github.com/tdunning/MiA/blob/master/src/main/java/mia/clustering/ch07/SimpleKMeansClustering.java>)into
my Eclipse IDE, on my local machine.

2.     Incuded these jars into my Eclipse project.

           hadoop-common-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar, hadoop-hdfs-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar, hadoop-mapreduce-client-core-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar,
mahout-core-0.7-cdh4.3.0.jar

         mahout-core-0.7-cdh4.3.0-job.jar, mahout-math-0.7-cdh4.3.0.jar

3.     Made a Jar of this project and copied that jar onto my Hadoop Cluster

4.     Executed this command

        user@INFPH01463U:~$ hadoop jar /home/user/apurv/Kmean.jar tryout.SimpleKMeansClustering

   which gave me following Error
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: FileSystem
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2670)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1603)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: FileSystem
        ... 5 more

Can anyone let me know how to add proper jars IN CDH4, I think I'm facing issues with jars.
If not please can anyone let me know what I missed in this.

Thanks & Regards,
Apurv Khare

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information
for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on
the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must
notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility
or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling
code in this e-mail"