mahout-user mailing list archives

From Abhinav M Kulkarni <abhinavkulka...@gmail.com>
Subject Few questions about Mahout code organization and javadoc
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:15:56 GMT
Hi,

I have recently started exploring codebase for Mahout and I have questions
about the code organization and javadocs. Some of these questions might
stem out of my ignorance about Mahout and code structure in maven-based
projects.

   1. Why isn't there single src/main/java directory?
   2. I see that there are different code hierarchies for 'core', 'math'
   and other modules such as 'examples' and 'integration'. But I also see
   some math code inside core/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/math. Why is
   this so? For e.g. both classes VectorWritable and
SequentialAccessSparseVector
   are in package org.apache.mahout.math, however exist in code hierarchies
   of core and math.
   3. As a result all these separate code hierarchies have their own
   javadocs. However, the javadoc on the Mahout website only lists
   documentation and classes from 'core' hierarchy. For e.g. neither is
   SequentialAccessSparseVector listed on the Mahout javadoc nor can it be
   even found under the package org.apache.mahout.math in the javadoc.

Thanks,

Abhinav