mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stevo Slavić <ssla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FP Growth
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 07:36:51 GMT
Hello Mahout community,

Multiple algos got axed for various reasons, e.g. more scalable solution
exists and got implemented, or algo is not really used much in real world
for whatever reason. I'd like Mahout developers to consider not removing
those implementations but to create a separate submodule for them, or a
project, and minimize maintenance effort for that part. Even those
algorithms do not meet project main goals and are not best for running in
production, I believe it would be useful to have them in the project for
educational purposes, machine learning in general but also to learn Mahout
(APIs, command line) on presumably simpler, more widely known algorithm.

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.