mahout-user mailing list archives

From Adam Baron <adam.j.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject ForestVisualizer OutOfMemoryError?
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:12:08 GMT
I'm trying to visualize a Random Forest using ForestVisualizer (with the
output redirected to a file) and am getting an OutOfMemoryError:

        at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882)
        at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:100)
        at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:390)
        at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:119)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.df.tools.ForestVisualizer.toString(ForestVisualizer.java:60)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.df.tools.ForestVisualizer.toString(ForestVisualizer.java:81)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.df.tools.ForestVisualizer.print(ForestVisualizer.java:95)
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.df.tools.ForestVisualizer.main(ForestVisualizer.java:142)
        at
        at

My forest.seq file is 11MB and I'm only using 500 feature names, so it
doesn't feel like the textual representation of the Random Forest would
blow out the StringBuffer in the ForestVisualizer code.  Any suggestions on
how to get around this?  Does ForestVisualizer have any model size or
feature number limitations?

Thanks,
          Adam