mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <Ananda.Muru...@honeywell.com>
Subject RE: Parallel implemented classifiers in Mahout
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 16:05:26 GMT
As far as I know, Random Forest, Naïve Bayes and complimentary Naïve Bayes are parallel algorithms
for classification.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Q [mailto:bill.q.hdp@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:30 PM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Parallel implemented classifiers in Mahout

Hi,
I am trying to get a better understanding of the classification algorithms
that the training part has been implemented parallel so it can
run simultaneously on different computing nodes.

I have tried to read some of the documentation but I got a little confused
of the wording. For example, the Logistic SGD, is it implemented parallel?
And SVM? Can some veteran here give a list of the the algorithm that can be
trained in a distributed parallel way?

Many thanks.

Bill