mahout-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Musselman <andrew.mussel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use the below dataset in Mahout (cf)
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 03:13:24 GMT
You'll have to do the same type of logic either way; it's straightforward to convert the format
you have into the market matrix type of input you are looking for.

Here is a decent starting point with some background on the rationale for the three-column
version:
http://math.nist.gov/MatrixMarket/formats.html

Hope this helps!

Best
Andrew

On Jul 12, 2013, at 8:55 PM, Naveen <talati.naveen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to build a recommender engine using cf of Mahout with a dataset as below:
> <user,car1-rating,car2-rating, ............carn-rating> where user is string value
and ratings are numeric.

> Mahout seems to support <userid,itemid,rating> with numerical values directly,
but is there a way to support a dataset like above by building a custom FileDataModel?