mahout-user mailing list archives

From Apurv Khare <Apurv.Kh...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject RE: Mahout 0.7 not working with Hadoop 1.1.1
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 04:47:09 GMT
Please can anyone look into this issue.

I didn't get any respond.

-----Original Message-----
From: Apurv Khare [mailto:Apurv.Khare@lntinfotech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:03 AM
To: mahout-user@apache.org; user@mahout.apache.org; user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Mahout 0.7 not working with Hadoop 1.1.1

Hi,

I'm using hadoop(version 1.1.1) and trying to install Mahout on that, i downloaded the latest
release from the apche repository of Mahout 0.7, but after configuring the classpath and all
when i type mahout on the command line i get this error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver([Ljava/lang/String;)I

I got this post<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11751763/mahout-wont-start-up-anything-to-do-with-compatible-version-between-hadoop-and>
regarding this and then corresponding Jira<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1044>
issue, I made the changes as per the JIRA but still i'm facing the same error.
Even i tried to download the Mahout 0.5 and tried with that, it gave me the same error.

My Environment Settings,

 1.  Hadoop Version 1.1.1, Mahout 0.7
 2.  I opened the bashrc file and set these Variables export HADOOP_HOME=/home/user/hadoop
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/home/user/hadoop/conf
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_37
export PATH=$PATH:$HADOOP_HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$MAHOUT_HOME/bin
export CLASSPATH=$HADOOP_CONF_DIR

 1.  Now if i run mahout on command line i would face this error Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver([Ljava/lang/String;)I

 1.  If I set Mahout Local variable
export MAHOUT_LOCAL=/home/user/mahout7
i'm able to run mahout with no errors, but it will run locally

Can anyone help me with why i'm facing this issues, i want to run mahout with Hadoop

Thanks & Regards,
Apurv Khare

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information
for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on
the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must
notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility
or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling
code in this e-mail"