mahout-user mailing list archives

From Helder Martins <helder.ga...@corp.terra.com.br>
Subject Re: Issue when running Mahout Recommender Demo
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:45:17 GMT
I was suffering with this problem too, but I solved it by adding the Jetty dependency into
Mahout examples by doing the following steps:

1. Copy the Jetty dependency into mahout examples pom.xml
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>6.1.26</version>
      </plugin>

2. Copy integration's webapp folder into mahout examples
$ mkdir -p mahout/examples/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF
$ cp mahout/integration/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml mahout/examples/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

3. Run Jetty inside the example submodule
$ cd mahout/examples
$ mvn:jetty

4. Access it in a browser by using the following URL:
http://<your_ip>:8080/mahout-examples/RecommenderServlet?userID=1<http://10.224.195.42:8080/mahout-examples/RecommenderServlet?userID=1>

I suspect that this problem is happening because forgot to move the webapp folder to the examples
dir and add the Jetty dependency when the GroupLens example moved to the examples submodule.
A JIRA ticket could be opened to address that.