mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jayesh <jayesh.sidhw...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Mahout for low-volume data
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 05:22:28 GMT
Hello,

I am exploring the collaborative filtering algorithms in Mahout to build a
recommendation engine.

I had recently gone for a Big Data conference where the speakers suggested
that using Mahout is overkill for anything that doesn't have some terabytes
of training data.

I tried to google some cases on that, but no help, so turned to this
thread.

Would you suggest me using Mahout in my case when the training data might
not be in terabytes, but some gigabytes, perhaps few 100s of megabytes?
If not, do you suggest any other approach?

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,

Jayesh