mahout-user mailing list archives

From Manal Helal <manalor...@gmail.com>
Subject hadoop & mahout
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 20:39:36 GMT
Hi,

I installed hadoop 1.1.2 on 4 nodes (one is CentOS and the rest are ubuntu)
and I successfully did the word count example.

Then I installed mahout and compiled it and defined the environment
vatiable MAHOUT_HOME

then the hadoop in practice repository (
git://github.com/alexholmes/hadoop-book.git)

everything in the monitors look normal, but I can not run any example: such
as

$bin/run.sh com.manning.hip.ch1.InvertedIndexMapReduce \
     /tmp/file1.txt /tmp/file2.txt output

and $ bin/run.sh com.manning.hip.ch9.Synthetic2DClusteringPrep
test-data/ch9/synthetic.txt syn-seq

or all commands throw this exception,
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$VersionMismatch:
Protocol org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol version mismatch.
(client = 63, server = 61)

all nodes use java 1.6.0-27, the centos node was 1.6.0-24 I guess but I
removed it now,

I have found thread talking about hdfs version mismatch but I used the same
hadoop version on all nodes nothing specific about hdfs, and these
applications on one node only, and removed the only difference in java
version I have found,

I appreciate your help very much,

thanks in advance

--