mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lee <wua...@gmail.com>
Subject Implement LinkedIn's PYMK(People You May Know) feature use Mahout, any suggestions?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 04:28:08 GMT
Hi all,

Currently i am working on recommendation system in a SNS site. There are
15M+ registered members in our site. We already have a PYMK
implementation(not use mahout or any machine learning algorithms libs), but
the accuracy of recommend results produced by current implementation is not
as good as we expected, so i'm looking for a better way to implement this
feature.

Here are some rules should be considered when recommend "People You May
Know" to current member: (any supplementaries?)
Contacts list imported by current member;
Same company:
    overlap of employed date range between current member and recommended
members;
    size of company;
    function of current member and recommended members;
Same login IP
Same school
Mutual Friends

As far as i know, Mahout is focus on CF(Collaborative filtering), but PYMK
is more likely a content-based recommendation, because the informations
that hold in member's profile is base of PYMK processing.