mahout-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Question re cluster-reuters.sh
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 13:55:56 GMT
Hi

I have tried to follow/execute the steps described at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Quick+tour+of+text+analysis+using+the+Mahout+command+line

but had trouble to do so, because for example
|org.apache.lucene.benchmark.utils.ExtractReuters does not seem to be
contained by mahout-distribution-0.8.

Then I have found

mahout-distribution-0.8/examples/bin/build-reuters.sh

and was running it successfully.

If I understand the script is doing basically the same as described at

|https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Quick+tour+of+text+analysis+using+the+Mahout+command+line

right? If so, then I would be happy to update the Wiki accordingly.

Also I have found the following post

http://bickson.blogspot.ch/2011/09/understanding-mahout-k-means-clustering.html

which seems to describe quite nicely what is happening behind the scenes.

I think it would also make sense to add these notes to the Wiki, or WDYT?

Thanks

Michael