mahout-user mailing list archives

From Darius Miliauskas <dariui.miliaus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reuters Example in Windows&Cygwin
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:28:16 GMT
I guess there is some problems with the paths in Cygwin since I get that
output:

DARIUS@DARIUS-PC ~
cd ..

DARIUS@DARIUS-PC ~
cd

DARIUS@DARIUS-PC ~
$ cd /usr/local/mahout/examples/bin

DARIUS@DARIUS-PC /usr/local/mahout/examples/bin
$ ./build-reuters.sh
Please call cluster-reuters.sh directly next time.  This file is going away.
Please select a number to choose the corresponding clustering algorithm
1. kmeans clustering
2. fuzzykmeans clustering
3. dirichlet clustering
4. lda clustering
5. minhash clustering
Enter your choice : 1
ok. You chose 1 and we'll use kmeans Clustering
creating work directory at /tmp/mahout-work-DARIUS
Extracting Reuters
Running on hadoop, using /usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop and HADOOP_CONF_DIR=
MAHOUT-JOB: /usr/local/mahout/mahout-examples-0.8-job.jar
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: /usr/local/bin/C:\Program
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /usr/local/bin/C:/Program
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
/usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop: line 350: C:\Program: command not found
Not a valid JAR: C:\usr\local\mahout\mahout-examples-0.8-job.jar
Converting to Sequence Files from Directory
Running on hadoop, using /usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop and HADOOP_CONF_DIR=
MAHOUT-JOB: /usr/local/mahout/mahout-examples-0.8-job.jar
/usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop: line 350: C:\Program: command not found
Not a valid JAR: C:\usr\local\mahout\mahout-examples-0.8-job.jar
Running on hadoop, using /usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop and HADOOP_CONF_DIR=
MAHOUT-JOB: /usr/local/mahout/mahout-examples-0.8-job.jar
/usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop: line 350: C:\Program: command not found
Not a valid JAR: C:\usr\local\mahout\mahout-examples-0.8-job.jar

How should I run the clustering then?

Thanks,

Darius