mahout-user mailing list archives

From Darius Miliauskas <dariui.miliaus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Item Based Collaborative Filtering Properties Question
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 08:50:54 GMT
Hi, Brian,

this question is also relevant for me. Perhaps somebody will give more
details because I am just learning myself. But, I guess you can try to
change the parameters, and check the performance, and write here about it
that everybody would get more knowledge!

In general, if these values are lower, the performance should be faster
because mahout based on some algorithms of hadoop. I think it could help if
you will try the algorithms with several pieces of data, and look if you
are missing some important recommendations. Let's say if you choose "
maxSimilaritiesPerItem" as 4, and you miss some recommendations, then you
should increase the value. It is a balance between performance and better
results, and you should find that balance. Hope, you to share more details
about what you will find out because I noticed that here (in the mailing
list of mahout) everybody is asking but only few replying, and sharing.

Thanks,

Darius