mahout-user mailing list archives

From "zack jr" <zack...@gmx.com>
Subject learning to tweak Mahout
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 06:33:50 GMT
Hi fellas, nice to be here. I have been self learning mahout by running the inbuilt examples
using various algorithms. Say, if I have to tweak an algorithm or build a new algorithm --
say like writing a solution methodology for ARIMA, etc... where do I start -- I have worked
on Java before(doesnt make me an expert!). Apart from knowledge of writing algorithm, how
much java knowledge is required. is there a mahout development for ecipse package available
? i know mahout is built on maven but is it required to learn maven as well.

Zack