mahout-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Blechschmidt <Manuel.Blechschm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Mahout what's new in 0.8 presentation by Apaxo
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 13:36:37 GMT
Hi Ted,
I apologize that I did not checked the Apache Mahout trademark issues carefully enough. I
tried very hard to give credit to the people that wrote a certain part in Mahout but you are
completely right that the naming is currently confusing.

Am 26.10.2013 um 22:57 schrieb Ted Dunning:

> Manuel,
>
> It is great to see that you are giving a talk like this and I like a lot of
> the content of the talk.
>
> Some things that I think would be good are
>
> a) slideshare has extracted a title based on the first bits in your slides
> so that the slides are titled "Apaxo Mahout 0.8".  This is really
> misleading.  In general, it would be good to call Mahout by the full name
> "Apache Mahout" when first mentioned.

I replaced the name of the presentation with the official Mahout name:

Apache Mahout 0.8 Whats new?

For other people who are interested how they are allowed to use Apache Trademarks:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

> b) the URL assigned has this same confusion.  Changing that probably will
> require re-uploading the slide show.

Unfortunately I already posted the URL to multiple places like twitter and this mailing list.
Further I did not find an official possibility to change it. If it is ok I would just keep
the URL.
If somebody does not agree I would recommend that he or she gives a talk to a local Java user
group and afterwards posts his or her talk with the correct URL.

> c) it would be good if you could give a pointer back to the Mahout web site.

Added this on the first slide. This might take up to 30 minutes to show up correctly.

Thanks a lot
    Manuel