mahout-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Blechschmidt <Manuel.Blechschm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: learning to tweak Mahout
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 05:32:30 GMT
Hi Zack,

Am 24.10.2013 um 13:19 schrieb zack jr:

> Hi Manuel,
>
> Also, any suggestions on book/documentation about maven for novice folks would be great.

The only book that I know is Mahout in Action:
http://manning.com/owen/

But it is already quite old and does not fit the current version anymore. You can also go
to slideshare and search for mahout for finding some more recent content:
http://de.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?searchfrom=header&q=Mahout

e.g.
http://de.slideshare.net/ManuelB86/apaxo-mahout-08-whats-new
http://de.slideshare.net/sscdotopen/next-directions-in-mahouts-recommenders

> Zack

but is it required to learn maven as well. I would definitely recommend that. If you want
to have an eclipse project that is pre-integrated with maven and includes the latest (0.8)
version of mahout feel free to use the following project as a baseline: https://github.com/ManuelB/facebook-recommender-demo
Mobil: 0173/6322621 Twitter: http://twitter.com/Manuel_B