mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pavan K Narayanan <pavan.naraya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Information
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:14:13 GMT
Based on the information you have provided, street routing is potentially a
Vehicle Routing Problem which is based on TSPs. You can check out the below
link:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Traveling+Salesman
Secondly, if you want to use Mahout for Forecasting, it is not possible yet
as the solution methodology for Forecasting (LWR) is still an open problem.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Algorithms

Bottomline: IMHO, you cannot use Mahout for forecasting at the moment; good
luck with your project.

Also, you can explore parallel computing paradigms if you have relatively
high volumes of data.