mahout-user mailing list archives

From Tim Peut <...@timpeut.com>
Subject Re: Mahout 0.8 Random Forest Accuracy
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 05:48:43 GMT
Thanks for the info and suggestions everyone.

On 19 October 2013 01:00, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

    On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM, j.barrett Strausser <
    j.barrett.strausser@gmail.com> wrote:

    > How difficult would it be to wrap the RF classifier into an ensemble
    > learner?

    It is callable.  Should be relatively easy.

I'm still becoming familiar with machine learning terminology so please
forgive my ignorance. I thought that random forests are, by nature,
ensemble learners? What exactly do you mean by this?