mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Editing Dictionary Vector Generated
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2013 00:56:34 GMT
On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:13 AM, Puneet Arora <arorapuneet2424@gmail.com>wrote:

> yes you guessed correct that I am using naive bayes, but how can I handle
> this type of problem.

I didn't hear about a problem.

You said you didn't like weights on words like English to reflect the fact
that they are used in certain contexts.

I said that this is the way it should work.

Unless you demonstrate that you increase accuracy by changing the weights,
I don't know how to go further.  Other algorithms are specifically designed
so that if the weights on English are redundant, then they will be set to
near zero.  Naive bayes purposely ignores such redundancy in order to be
simpler.