mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naive bayes and character n-grams
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 10:39:16 GMT
Yes.  Should work to use character n-grams.  There are oddities in the
stats because the different n-grams are not independent, but Naive Bayes
methods are in such a state of sin that it shouldn't hurt any worse.

No... I don't think that there is a capability built in to generate the
character n-grams.  Should be relatively trivial to build.