mahout-user mailing list archives

From Bertrand Dechoux <decho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Information
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:32:48 GMT
The biggest point is what data do you have and what exactly is your problem.

The maximum speed of the route can be easily known and in the best case
that would be your speed. From a very broad point of view, there is three
reasons for a slowdown.
1) traffic jam
2) accident
3) bad weather

But without up to date observations, those three points are non trivial to
predict (especially the last two). Doing simple statistics (like average)
can be a good start to see the variations and understand what factors
should be taken into account.

At the end, you want to do a regression but classification and clustering
might help before that. Hard to say more without knowing why the medium
speed is important, for which area, at which time...

Bertrand