mahout-user mailing list archives

From "yanminglc" <yanmin...@qq.com>
Subject How Can I start using mahout
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 03:09:09 GMT
HI all,

I have set up a environment which co-work with hadoop and can run the 20newgroup example successfully.
I am now trying to set up my own classifier, is there any hello-world or step by step example?

I am trying to classify the some text to 10 categories with below conditions.

1. In the text file, some key word in the first line got more weight than other words.
2. The text can be belong to one or two category. Is that supported by mahout? For example,
i got the text from the yahoo home page, it may belong to news group and shopping group it
there also contain some on-line shopping related text?

Thank you in advance.

Allen