mahout-user mailing list archives

From optimusfan <optimus...@yahoo.com>
Subject Detecting high bias and variance in AdaptiveLogisticRegression classification
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 20:54:06 GMT
Hi-

We're currently working on a binary classifier using Mahout's AdaptiveLogisticRegression
class.  We're trying to determine whether or not the models are suffering from high bias
or variance and were wondering how to do this using Mahout's APIs?  I can easily calculate
the cross validation error and I think I could detect high bias or variance if I could compare
that number to my training error, but I'm not sure how to do this.  Or, any other ideas would
be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ian