mahout-user mailing list archives

From Brian Rogoff <brog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on compressed input, custom tokenizers, and feature selection
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:32:12 GMT
Hi Suneel,
    Thanks for the quick reply!

    For problem 1, how would I do that? Would a workable solution be
creating a new utility, called say 'seqcmprdir', by
creating a new SequenceFilesFromDirectory.java, specialized to work on
gzipped files? Or is there a better way? I'm a newcomer to Hadoop internals
(but not Java) so sorry if this sounds trivial.

   I'll look into specializing seqn2sparse. I'll clarify my problem and
formulate the question better, or just solve it.

    I'd love to upgrade to Mahout 0.8 or even 0.9SNAPSHOT, but Mahout 0.8
is compiled with a later version of guava collections than our current
install of Hadoop. So 0.7 is the best we can do for now. When ops upgrades
our cluster to a newer cdh, maybe we can switch then.

   Thanks again!

-- Brian