mahout-user mailing list archives

From Antony Adopo <saius...@gmail.com>
Subject HELP for implicit data feed back - beginner
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:21:32 GMT
Morning,

My name is Antony and I have a great recommender system to build

I'm totally new on recommender systems. After reading all scientific files,
I didn't find relevant information to build mine.

ok, my problem:

I have to build a recommender systems for a retail industry which sold
Building products

 I don't have Explicit data (ratings)

I have only data about purchases and all transactions and order and dates.
as

Orders table

CustomerID
Sales_ID
Item_ID
Dates
Amount
quantity
channel_type (phone, mail,etc.)

I have also specific informations about users

Users table
CustomerID
Group (engaged, frequent,buyer, newyer, etc.)

... and product

Item_ID
Item_name
Iteem_parent (hierarchy)

I don't know how to use all these informations with mahout (or others tools
or method) to do a good recommendation system (all presents are based on
ratings and all mahout systems I have seen are also based on ratings or
preference)

At beginning, I thought that I have to use classical datamining methods as
Clustering or association rules but accurately recommanding n products
between  2000 products  clustering in about 300 hierachical parents(not
linked to domain) become difficult with classical data mining
It is the reason that I turn myself to recommender system

please Help
thanks