mahout-user mailing list archives

From Helena Botorova <helena.botor...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: SVDPlusPlusFactorizer implementation
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:04:48 GMT
Hi all,

Great work and thanks to anyone for thei effort,
I would be grateful if you could help me with the SVD recommender.

Can someone help me understand how the SVDPlusPlusFactorizer implementation
corresponds to that in Koren's paper? ( Factorization Meets the
Neighborhood: a Multifaceted Collaborative Filtering Model, KDD 2008 -
http://research.yahoo.com/files/kdd08koren.pdf)
All the work is done in method SVDPlusPlusFactorizer.updateParameters,
what are the p and y matrices, and why do we update only matrix y but not p?

Cheers,
Helena